What Professional Piano Moving Services Entail
• Disassembling the instrument
Piano movers are trained to move the instrument depending on the type of piano. While some pianos may be moved as they are, some require being moved in pieces.
The same applies to organs. It is especially challenging when dealing with organs that cannot be disassembled because of the pedal board and bench. Thus, you may require some special dollies to move such pieces.
• Moving equipment
Moving the instruments may require some special moving equipment like dollies, straps, blankets, and padding. Dollies are used to move upright and grand pianos. The wheels make it possible to move heavy pianos above 500 pounds. The lifting and tying straps keep the instrument secure during moving and help the piano movers steadily hold unto the instrument.
Blankets and padding help the piano movers protect the instrument from accidents like bands and keep the fragile parts intact and away from harm. It is also important to note that these equipment are adapted differently to serve the organ and piano. For example, an organ with a bench and pedal board that piano movers cannot separate or an electric organ that has a tone generator that is very fragile may require more specialized straps, dollies, and blankets to handle the weight.
Finding Piano Movers Near Me
When moving your piano, it’s always important to ensure that you employ the best piano movers in the industry. whether moving your piano for a short or long distance, it’s always good to do thorough homework before pulling the trigger. Here are some tips that will help you identify professional piano movers in your location.
- Ask friends or neighbors for recommendations; In most cases, you need reviews before deciding on the movers to hire. Word of mouth and recommendations from trusted sources are unlikely to be misleading.
- Normalize reading reviews and customer satisfaction rates before hiring a company. With social media and community groups, getting trusted reviews and testimonials is easy.
- Identify a moving company that accommodates your budget. Sometimes, the budget can help you single out the company to hire.
- Use the local maps to identify movers around you, and then proceed to read their reviews and testimonials.